EHS stands for Environment, Health, and Safety. It’s a general term used to refer to laws, rules, regulations, professions, programs, and workplace efforts to protect the health and safety of employees and the public as well as the environment from hazards associated with the workplace.
2. Why is EHS important?
2.1. Protect the environment and people
- People: The HSE management system will help businesses reduce the rate of deaths or injuries caused by occupational accidents. Human health is focused, workers will have a safe and friendly living and working environment
- Environment: Occupational diseases will be controlled, the environment will be healthier. Overcoming and limiting environmental pollution, helping the environment develop sustainably
2.2. Increase profitability and reputation for the business
- When an accident or incident occurs, the business will have to spend a lot of money to fix it. There are tangible costs such as the cost of paying the workers in an accident, for the victim or the cost of repairing equipment, restoring production, restoring the environment, there are costs that cannot be calculated in money that is discredited in the market. Reducing accidents means that the business has increased its profits.
- Besides, meeting the increasing importance of safety, occupational health and environmental protection will create the reputation of the business with the community. The HSE management system will help businesses achieve that.
2.3. Ensure compliance with the law.
- The HSE management system will give businesses a tool to fully and accurately identify the legal requirements that businesses need to comply with. This is very important for businesses that want sustainable development.
- During the period of integration, economic interests are more appreciated based on environmental protection issues, and safety and health assurance for workers are increasingly concerned. Therefore, only with the good implementation of the HSE management system, the productivity of people will be improved to create motivation for development.